This proposal aims to reward active Popcorn users, specifically those participating in PopcornDAO governance. Users who have staked their POP and used their vlPOP to vote on snapshot proposals should be rewarded for participating in PopcornDAO governance, developing the protocol, and ultimately growing our community.
- Determine reward allocation. I recommend 10,000 POP to the rewards pool.
- Take a snapshot of all wallets who voted on the next PIP (PIP-7) and onwards.
- The total amount of rewards distributed per user will be determined by the full allocation of the rewards pool divided by the total number of vlPOP holders who voted. vlPOP holders who voted on more than 1 proposal will be rewarded proportionally.
- Increase PopcornDAO governance participation
- Incentivize user activity on popcorndao.finance
- Inject more utility into the POP token
Governance participation is vital to the success of a decentralized organization and protocol. By virtue of incentivizing DAO participation by rewarding POP stakers, we can also expect buy pressure for the token which is beneficial for all PopcornDAO members, which will ultimately attract more DAO members who are mission aligned with Popcorn.